At Edward-Elmhurst Health, we are healthy driven. As the corporate venture arm of a health system dedicated to advancing the health of our communities, EEH VC is looking for the forward-thinkers, the innovators, the disciplined disrupters. We invest in and partner with entrepreneurs looking to transform the healthcare experience and support them with capital, strategic relationships, and a deep bench of healthcare experts. We’re looking for those that understand the challenges within healthcare today and are building the solutions of tomorrow.
- Digital Health / Healthcare IT (and tech-enabled services)
- Healthcare Services
- Companies with high growth potential, compelling unit economics and strong management teams.
- Opportunistically across the U.S.
- We do not currently invest in non-US based companies.
- Initial check size of $50-500k into Seed, Series A (and exceptional pre-seed) Rounds
- Follow-on capital reserved for future rounds.
- May consider larger amounts via parent company co-investment
Meet Our Director
Melissa (Mel) Cohen
Mel is the Managing Director of Edward-Elmhurst Health Venture Capital. Prior, Mel was co-founder and CEO of a Chicago-based healthcare IT startup (strategically acquired), and an operator for multiple early-stage startups. Her sector expertise is in B2B-focused healthcare technology startups, regulated industries, and pre-commercial biotech/life-sciences.